A bit about Talking Minds
- Talking Minds specialises in providing neurodiversity awareness and support programs for organisations.
- Our services are tailored to meet the needs of companies seeking to create more inclusive and diverse workplaces.
- We help organisations foster an environment of inclusivity, empower employees, reduce discrimination risk, and support recruitment efforts
- The client is a renowned company in the transportation and technology sector with an annual revenue of 73.41m.
- They have in excess of 500 employees over office bases in the UK, Ireland and the US.
How this Opportunity Originated
- Talking Minds was recommended by a previous client, one of the UK’s largest deep-sea ports.
- Our client reached out to us via LinkedIn, leading to a meeting with their Group People Director and HR Business Partner.
The Client’s Need
- The client identified their workplace lacked neurodiversity awareness and mentioned a case that led to a grievance within the company.
- Their primary concern was that they wanted to ensure that this didn’t happen again, reducing the risk of further grievances or lack of understanding from staff.
- They voiced that their company is attracting a growing number of people with neurodiversities and they want to be in a good position to recruit and support their colleagues.
Steps Taken to Solve the Problem:
- Talking Minds conducted a Neurodiversity Awareness Masterclass, equipping employees with essential knowledge and support strategies.
- We facilitated open discussions, leading the client to explore the topic further in the weeks proceding the initial workshop.
- The client came back to us for further support and we customised a neurodiversity support package for their managers, which we delivered.
- Additionally, we developed a poster for office spaces and a toolkit workbook for ongoing support.
- Employees felt educated, supported, valued, and empowered.
- Contribution to increased employee retention.
- Reduced risk of discrimination within the workplace.
- Facilitated the recruitment process for new staff with a diverse talent pool.
- “Working with Talking Minds has allowed us to open up conversations about neurodiversity within our organisation.”
- “The reaction from our teams about the talk was so great that we’re in discussions with Laura about how we can work together again in the future.”
- “Highly recommend! Thank you for sharing knowledge about a topic that is not often discussed.”
This case study serves as a testament to Talking Minds’ ability to address neurodiversity challenges within organisations effectively, ultimately contributing to a more inclusive and supportive workplace environment.